Countermeasures for COVID
- COVID still remains a legally designated infectious disease in Japan. If you are infected, legal restrictions on your behaviour will be imposed, and normally a seven-day isolation is required. It may result in an extension of your stay, change of your return flight, and additional costs of your stay. The TTC organizer cannot cover these costs. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover all these expenses before starting your travel.
- After entering Japan, please wear a non-woven mask at all times at airports, on any public transports and in public indoor places, as well as in the conference rooms of the meeting venue. We are aware that in other countries this is not already common practice, but QST has responsibility for ensuring the use of masks at all times when submitting VISA applications. We kindly ask for your cooperation. Please bring your own non-woven masks needed during your stay.
- Please check your health status daily. If you have any cold-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose), you will not be allowed to attend the meeting. Please contact LOC if you have such a symptom.
- LOC will conduct the temperature check for all the participants each morning and ask your cooperation. Those with a temperature of 37.5°C or higher at the time of temperature check cannot participate. If your normal temperature is higher than that, please inform us in advance.
General important information
- No free-wifi is available in the meeting rooms, while public wifi is available at the entrance (different floor level) of the venue. Please consider preparing a personal connection when you need.
- Considering the current situation in Aomori where the COVID outbreak has not been contained, LOC and QST Rokkasho Fusion Institute has to make the decision to cancel the banquet originally scheduled on Thursday evening. We are very sorry for this but ask for your understanding.
For participants entering Japan from abroad
- About the border measures, please make sure that you check the following pages before departure: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/bordercontrol.html
- You are strongly encouraged to use Fast Track to simplify the entry procedures to reduce the time required at the airport. To use Fast Track you must pre-register via MySOS Web (online) or the MySOS app on your smartphone. Please visit the HCO site and check your quarantine condition!!
- From 00:00 JST on October 11th, 2022, the new measure will apply and the visa waiver program will be resumed. However, the border measures explained above will remain effective.
- There is a dedicated PC connected to Indico in each meeting room for presenters. LOC will help you to show the presentation uploaded on Indico, or you can also use your own PC (equipped with HDMI) to make your presentation.